AdultBlock and AdultBlock+ service
Sunrise B Blocks
XXX Sunrise B blocks (or short SRBs) which prevent domain registrations matching to trademarks under the .XXX TLD will expire on 1st December 2021. This could expose brand owners to domain abuse if they do not convert expiring SRBs to either an AdultBlock or AdultBlock+ product.
Per default, SRBs in our CentralNic Reseller backend expire automatically - contrary to the handling at the Registry. That means, instead of having to opt-out of having your SRB converted, you only opt-in for those that you wish to be converted. So you don’t run the risk of having to pay for something you don’t want to buy.
The AdultBlock and AdultBlock+ products are the new rights protection blocking services provided by the ICM Registry specifically for brand holders.
AdultBlock: allows you to block domain registrations with exact match terms across four adult themed TLDs: .ADULT, .PORN, .SEX and .XXX.
AdultBlock+: allows you to block domain registrations with exact match terms and its variants (example: duplicate characters, missing characters or misspelling) across four adult themed TLDs: .ADULT, .PORN, .SEX and .XXX. The level of protection is increased with this option; it adds the ability to block all variants that are confusingly similar to the trademarked term.
Please note that this fee is non-refundable, and there is no grace period.
ICM offers a tool to query all protected variants for a given trademark at: https://adultblock.adult/trademark-variant-search/
- Any brand who participated in the original dotXXX Sunrise B.
- Any brand who has a current Signed Marked Data (SMD) file from the Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH)
Is it possible to convert a Sunrise B from one registrar to an AdultBlock under another registrar?
- Yes. The IPR needs to be referenced before your desired registrar can process the sale of an AdultBlock. The Sunrise B Block does not need to be moved or managed – it is simply referenced to confirm eligibility.
How many years can I register AdultBlock / AdultBlock+ for?
- There is no longer any restriction to termed blocks and AdultBlock/AdultBlock+ can now be activated for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 years.
When creating a new contact on the GDR platform, should the contact be the reseller or the actual owner?
- The contact is best to reflect the contact for whom your relationship is with, and it is not uncommon in this space for various firms to act on behalf of brand clients. For example, it is perfectly appropriate to use the talent management firm that represents a celebrity, rather than using the celebrity information for the contact. I would not use the contact information of your internal resellers, for clarity.
Additional information about AdultBlock and AdultBlock+ service can be found at https://adultblock.adult/faqs/